Determine Data Root Directoy in code

From: jeshuabratman
Subject: Determine Data Root Directoy in code
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:28:37 -0700 (PDT)

I'm just starting to work with the gnu autotools and I have a quick question
about Automake. Inside Makefile.am I have access to the directory variables
from the configure script such as datarootdir. I've gathered that these
determine where specified files are put when you run make install. I can
have various data files my program depends on put into standard directories.

So that's useful -- I can tell it to store data files in certain places
under the datarootdir. However, I have not figured out how to tell where
datarootdir is from inside my C code. I want to load up certain data files,
but I don't know how that datarootdir variable is passed into the C code. It
doesn't seem to be put in config.h.

Thanks for your help and patience. As I said I am just getting started with
autotools and do not understand them very well yet.

Jeshua Bratman