Autoconf and Solaris Lint

From: Jason Curl
Subject: Autoconf and Solaris Lint
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 23:55:54 +0200

Hello,

I've searched in vain on the Web how I might run configure to use Solaris' 'lint' program. It appears that their 'lint' is very much like a compiler where it produces objects that can be linked together to form a final result.

The command below doesn't work.
CC=lint ./configure --host=sparc-sun-solaris2.10

Anybody know of a project that has Solaris' lint incorporated that I can use as an example? I'm guessing it needs changes to the Makefile.am files I have to add new targets. Right now to capture any mistakes I make I run GCC and Solaris' CC. GCC doesn't capture some of the errors, especially type related ones.

As I'm pretty new to extending Automake/Autoconf, if somebody could hint me to a framework that would be most helpful.

Thanks,
Jason.