Lack of AM_PROG_CXX_C_O

From: Julio M. Merino Vidal
Subject: Lack of AM_PROG_CXX_C_O
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:55:55 +0200

Hello,

[ Please CC me any replies as I'm not subscribed to this list. ]

I'm working on a C++ project in which I'm currently using Autoconf 2.61 and Automake 1.10. I have a single top-level Makefile.am and have enabled the subdir-objects option. According to the manual page, I also need to add the AM_PROG_CC_C_O macro to my configure script for this option to work correctly in all situations.

I see that Autoconf 2.61 has added the macros AC_PROG_{CXX,FC,F77} _C_O. Does Automake need to mimic these, replacing them with their AM_* counterparts?

In fact I have started working on a patch to add these macros, but before finishing it I want to be sure that it is the way to go.

Thank you,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <address@hidden>