Re: Modify Output to look like Linux Kernel

From: Dizzy
Subject: Re: Modify Output to look like Linux Kernel
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:29:14 +0300

On Thursday 05 July 2007 23:21, Johannes Bauer wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> how can I modify the output of an Automake project so that it does not
> display the whole command line, but simply the short version like the
> Linux Kernel does, e.g.:

I think I have asked about a similar thing some time ago too (to make it look
samba-like). It appears that there is no support in automake for such a thing
and people expect a patch that adds it.

>   CC      init/version.o
>   CC      init/do_mounts.o
>   LD      init/mounts.o
>   CC      init/initramfs.o
>   CC      init/calibrate.o
>   LD      init/built-in.o
>
> Displaying the whole compile line is pretty useless in my opinion...

Indeed it is and when it errors (the only moment when you need to know the
command that errored) it can be displayed as people said in other replies.

--
Mihai RUSU                                      Email: address@hidden
                        "Linux is obsolete" -- AST