renaming source files

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: renaming source files
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:20:43 +0200

Hello all,

if I rename a file (from .c to .cpp, or move to another dir) and update
Makefile.am, calling make in an already configured dir fails with the
following message:

make: *** No rule to make target `foo.c', needed by `foo.lo'. Stop.

I have to cd $builddir; find -name foo.\* |xargs rm; ./config.status to
fix this. Is there a way to detect and fix this in the autotools?

I use autoconf 2.61, automake 1.9.6, and libtool 1.5.22.

Thanks in advance,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov
http://www.kz-easy.com/