Experiences with Introducing Automake?

From: Christopher Oezbek
Subject: Experiences with Introducing Automake?
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 17:54:46 +0200

Hello Automake-User,

I am trying to figure out (as part of my PhD thesis) how tools like Automake make their way into Free/Open Source projects and how they get introduced and adopted.

I would love to hear about your experiences with putting Automake to use in a project, both from the technical side as well as from social side of things and have put together a small survey (11 questions, which should take max. 15 minutes) that ask you for your experiences in putting such ideas into reality. (The question is more generic and also applies when you convinced your project to switch to Subversion, choose a plug-in architecture, or failed to switch to a different license).

http://survey.mi.fu-berlin.de/public/survey.php?name=changeProcess&test=1

The automake list is one of the first lists I am contacting with this,
so it might be that the survey contains some questions that are difficult
to understand or misleading. If you find something that needs correcting,
please let me know, ASAP.

Thank you very much, your participation is much appreciated!

Christopher Oezbek

P.S.: Results will be made available at the end of August on

http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/w/SE/SurveyChange