Automake manual on gnu.org (was: Overriding all commands in Makefile.am)

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Automake manual on gnu.org (was: Overriding all commands in Makefile.am)
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 13:17:02 +0200

* NightStrike wrote on Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 08:22:52PM CEST:
> On 8/15/07, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> > * NightStrike wrote on Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 12:07:17AM CEST:
> > >
> > > http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_mono/automake.html
> >
> > The current manual can be found at
> > <http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html>.
> >
> > Let me see whether I get to updating the gnu.org one eventually...
>
> Wow.. lots of differences here.  How come the various manual locations
> are not updated and mirrored automatically?

Well, gnu.org usually has the manuals in several formats, generated
by gendocs.sh.  I just went through the fun of updating all of them
to 1.10 and uploaded the result, deleting all old file at the same
time, and updating (hopefully) all needed symlinks.

Please wait 24 hours so that the symlinks are regenerated, at which
time <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/index.html> should
be showing the overview page for the different download formats.
After that, I'd be happy to read about any errors I made, broken
links I forgot, and old-version links that should have better
remained.

Thanks,