Re: Newbie question - "make dist" with conditional data

From: David Bruce
Subject: Re: Newbie question - "make dist" with conditional data
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:01:42 -0400

Hi Ralf et al,

On Tuesday 04 September 2007 10:47:40 am Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> > "make dist" currently bundles in three fonts
> > that are used by the program.  I want to change this so that "make dist"
> > does not include the font files, but have another target (perhaps "make
> > dist_with_fonts") that does include them.  Is there a good way to do this
> > in my Makefile.am's?
>
>   EXTRA_DIST += $(dist_fonts)
>
>   dist_with_fonts:
>       $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) dist dist_fonts='font1 font2 font3'

This works great - thanks! I do have one question, however - how can I
get "make dist_with_fonts" to create the tarball with a different filename
from the "make dist" tarball?  AFAIK, the "tarname" gets set in AC_INIT.
Right now, both targets create a file called "tuxtype-1.5.15.tar.gz" - is
there any easy way to have the file created as,
say, "tuxtype-f-1.5.15.tar.gz", or some variant?

Anyway, thanks.

> Cheers,
> Ralf

David Bruce