install per target ....

From: Roberto Alejandro Espí Muñoz
Subject: install per target ....
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 22:25:57 -0400

I have 4 targets defined in my program.  Three are binaries and one is a
library.  One of those programs depends on the library being built and
installed in it's proper location in the system with it's corredpondant
header files.  When I try to issue "make install libprogram.la" for example,
it exports the header files and then it starts to install the target that
depends on it which will of course fail.

Can anybody tell me if I can install a particular target without installing
another??

Thanks

--
teratux