Re: "files left in build directory after distclean" using subdir-objects

From: Benoit SIGOURE
Subject: Re: "files left in build directory after distclean" using subdir-objects
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 18:59:43 +0200

On Oct 7, 2007, at 7:36 AM, Braden McDaniel wrote:

On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 14:18 -0400, Braden McDaniel wrote:

[snip]

Might I be tripping over some bug that occurs when the subdirectory name
is the same as the built executable?

The addition of

        CLEANFILES = openvrml-xembed/.libs/openvrml-xembed

has worked around the problem. Suboptimal, I know, since .libs is an
implementation detail of libtool.

Hello Braden,
I downloaded OpenVRML 0.16.6 from sourceforge but couldn't get past configure (I'm on OSX and have Boost installed under /opt/local and although your configure script doesn't provide any way to indicate where Boost is, I passed it CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/local/include' and LDFLAGS='-L/opt/local/lib', but it was looking for -lboost_thread, except that it is common to not have libboost_thread.* while having libboost_thread-mt.* -- for instance).

Anyways, would it be possible for you to shrink down the problem to a small configure script and Makefile.am so that others can try to reproduce it easily?

Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory