Re: read-only git mirror of automake cvs repository

From: Benoit SIGOURE
Subject: Re: read-only git mirror of automake cvs repository
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 18:08:33 +0200

On Oct 8, 2007, at 5:05 PM, Jim Meyering wrote:

I've set up a read-only git mirror of the automake cvs repository:

Thank you!

    http://sources.redhat.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=automake.git

--18:05:43--  http://sources.redhat.com/git/automake.git/info/refs
           => `refs'
Resolving sources.redhat.com... 209.132.176.174
Connecting to sources.redhat.com|209.132.176.174|:80... connected.
18:05:43 ERROR 404: Not Found.

git-clone uses curl and ends up saying:
  Cannot get remote repository information.
  Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?

It is updated from cvs every 15 minutes, but due to the way cvsps
works, it may take two iterations for a change in cvs to propagate
into the git tree.

That's still great. I wonder how you did this because I already tried several times to import the various autotools with git- cvsimport and it always miserably failed (for various reasons, but mainly because cvsps is a really dirty hack and its code has lots of bugs, some of which I had to fix so that it eventually finishes but the resulting Git repository had lots of corrupted commits).

--
Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory