Re: Specify location for noinst_PROGRAMS

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Specify location for noinst_PROGRAMS
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:12:06 +0200

Hello Dave,

* myrdos2 wrote on Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 10:05:41PM CEST:

> Hello, I've got a few sample programs that I have included with my library.
> Right now I use this:
>
> noinst_PROGRAMS = udpclient udpserver
>
> udpclient_SOURCES = examples/udpclient.cpp
> udpserver_SOURCES = examples/udpserver.cpp
>
> Which works fine, but the binaries get placed in the library's base
> directory. Ideally, they should be placed in the examples/ directory. How
> can I achieve this?

You mean within the build tree?  You can use
  noinst_PROGRAMS = examples/udpclient examples/udpserver
  examples_udpclient_SOURCES = examples/udpclient.cpp
  examples_udpserver_SOURCES = examples/udpserver.cpp

or you can add a Makefile.am in the examples subdirectory and strip all
the examples[/_] prefixes from the names.