distcheck does not set exec_prefix - bug? distcheck fails for packages u

From: Daniel Leidert
Subject: distcheck does not set exec_prefix - bug? distcheck fails for packages using e.g. pkglibdir
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 02:41:20 +0200

Hi,

Today I observed an issue when I tried to run `make distcheck' as usual
for one of the project I'm contributing to. The issue was, that
distcheck failed at the step of installing a library. It told me, that
it was not able to remove the library from

/usr/local/lib/$package

Of course I tried to find out, why distcheck tried to access /usr/local
and found, that it doesn't set exec_prefix to $dc_install_base (I set
exec_prefix to ${ac_default_prefix} if its value is "NONE", which is the
default). It just sets prefix. But e.g. (pkg)libdir is based on
exec_prefix (at least following the Makefiles produced on my system).

So, shouldn't you set exec_prefix in distdir.am too? Or is there a bug
missing to set exec_prefix to ${prefix}? Or am I misunderstanding
something?

System running is a recent Debian Sid with automake 1.10

Regards, Daniel