Re: Custom Build

From: NightStrike
Subject: Re: Custom Build
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 00:48:15 -0400

On 10/26/07, Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:
> This looks more like an automake question, so I've redirected the mail
> accordingly.  Perhaps the answer already lies in the automake manual, in
> creating your own suffix rules:
>
> http://sourceware.org/automake/automake.html#index-Adding-new-_0040code_007bSUFFIXES_007d-880

Does this work with libraries as well as programs?  Could I turn a
.def file into a .a file?  Currently, I do this:

lib%.a: %.def
        $(DLLTOOL) $(DLLOPTS) --dllname $*.dll --def=$(top_srcdir)/$*.def

Then I put all the lib*.a files in a big foo_DATA variable.  What I
would rather do is make use of the _LIBRARIES primaries to do it that
way.  Is that possible, considering that I'm synthesizing import
libraries from a .def file instead of building them from source?