How to create optimized library?

From: txie
Subject: How to create optimized library?
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:09:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I want to create some optimized library from .c and .cc files. I created
AM_CPPFLAGS in Makefile.am, but the code is always compiled with '-g -O2'
flags. I defined 'CPPFLAGS' in the configure, it still does not work. Do
you know how to create optimized library?

Another question: what is the name format of optimized library, will the
file name include '-O' in the end? Or should I define it myself? Thanks.

Regards,

Ting