Re: Aw: Re: Generating 'cat' pages on make install

From: Jason Curl
Subject: Re: Aw: Re: Generating 'cat' pages on make install
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 21:46:37 +0100

Benoit Sigoure wrote:
On Nov 5, 2007, at 11:08 AM, Jason Curl wrote:

In the end, everything works like a dream. Here's my solution for those who are interested, or who'd like to do something similar for their projects.

----- configure.ac -----
AC_PATH_PROG([RMAN], [rman])
test x"$RMAN" = x && $ac_unset RMAN
AM_MISSING_PROG([RMAN], [rman])
----- Makefile.am -----
man_MANS = file1.3 file2.3
html_DATA = ($man_MANS:.3=.html)
BUILT_SOURCES = $(html_DATA)
EXTRA_DIST = $(man_MANS) $(html_DATA)

BUILT_SOURCES are automatically distributed, so you can only list man_MANS in EXTRA_DIST.
I'm using autoconf-2.61; automake-1.10; libtool-1.5.23a

It's installed when I do 'make install', but it isn't packaged with make dist (I'm doing this via VPATH). I just reconfirmed it on Cygwin after modifying EXTRA_DIST and doing 'autoreconf'.

Then I did a tar -tzf mylib.tar.gz and it showed only the elements in $(man_MANS).

A known bug maybe? For now I'll leave it in.

Cheers,
Jason.