shell commands

From: Ruben Henner Zilibowitz
Subject: shell commands
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 12:13:47 +1100

I have a project using gnu autotools where I need to be able to execute a certain shell command on the executable after it has been compiled but only if the platform is Mac OS X. I am not too familiar with automake so I am unsure how to achieve this. Any instructions or assistance would be appreciated.

To be more specific, to use the FMOD library on Mac OS X, one must run the following command after building an executable that links with libfmod: install_name_tool -change ./libfmodex.dylib <path to libfmodex.dylib> <path to executable> I'd like this to be automated with make on Mac OS X rather than having to type it manually.

Regards,

Ruben