Re: problem using the .a libs ...

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: problem using the .a libs ...
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 07:38:35 +0100

> * Roberto Alejandro Espí Muñoz wrote on Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 05:08:46AM CET:
> >
> > bin_PROGRAMS = program
> >
> > program_SOURCES = main.cpp
> > program_LDADD =  $(link_objects_a)
[...]
> > I get an error of undefined functions in some of the libDirectoryX.a's with
> > functions from another libDirectoryX.a.

Hmm.  Do you have interdependencies within the libraries?  Then you need
to list them in the order such that libraries later in the list do not
depend on libraries earlier in the list.  If you have cyclic
dependencies, you may need to list libraries more than once.

That's how the unix link editor typically behaves when doing symbol
resolution (see ld(1)).

Hope that helps.