ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS problems

From: Ruben Henner Zilibowitz
Subject: ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS problems
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 23:59:44 +1100

I have run into a problem where the following line:
ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I m4
in the top level Makefile.am causes "make dist" to fail. Eg:

Ruben-Henner-Zilibowitzs-iMac:hello rhz$ make dist
{ test ! -d hello-0.1 || { find hello-0.1 -type d ! -perm -200 -exec chmod u+w {} ';' && rm -fr hello-0.1; }; }
test -d hello-0.1 || mkdir hello-0.1
/bin/sh: hello-0.1/Bunga: No such file or directory
cp: hello-0.1/m4/am_prog_mkdir_p.m4: No such file or directory
make: *** [distdir] Error 1

Removing "ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I m4" solves the problem, but I have another project which needs this for autoconf to work correctly, so I can't remove it, so "make dist" always fails there. If anyone can help explain what might be going wrong exactly here, I'd really appreciate it.

Maybe this should be posted to the autoconf mailing list, if there is one. I'm not sure about that.

Regards,

Ruben Henner Zilibowitz