Creating config files

From: Lennart Koopmann
Subject: Creating config files
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 22:54:16 +0100 (CET)

Hello everyone,

i am currently working on a C++ GPL project that i want to release soon. I already successfully used the GNU autotools to install the project on other Linux machines. I recently implemented the use of config files. So it is necessary to have a config file in /etc/myproject/ - What is the best way to create this file with some standard values at compilation?
This would have to be done in "make install", right?

Thank you for any help!
Lennart Koopmann

--
FSF Member #5673