Re: Creating config files

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Creating config files
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 20:18:07 +0100

Hello Lennart,

* Lennart Koopmann wrote on Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 10:54:16PM CET:

> I recently implemented the use of config files. So it is necessary to have
> a config file in /etc/myproject/ - What is the best way to create this file
> with some standard values at compilation?

Not sure which bit you're having problems with.  Something like

nonobase_sysconf_DATA = myproject/config
myproject/config:
        @command to create config file ...

?

> This would have to be done in "make install", right?

Well, at install files, sysconf_* files are installed to ${sysconfdir},
quoting standards.info:

`sysconfdir'
     The directory for installing read-only data files that pertain to a
     single machine-that is to say, files for configuring a host.
     Mailer and network configuration files, `/etc/passwd', and so
     forth belong here.  All the files in this directory should be
     ordinary ASCII text files.  [...]

Hope that helps.