Re: linking source files from a different directory macro

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: linking source files from a different directory macro
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:59:04 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Jason Roscoe wrote:

Is there a macro, e.g., AM_SOURCE_SYMLINK( ../common/tester.c ), that will create symbolic link(s) to source files residing in a separate directory? Or, if I am looking at this the wrong way, can someone suggest an alternate way of achieving this using the Autotools?

That sounds like a nice feature. For GraphicsMagick (which needs this capability) I distribute a slightly modified version of the old X11 'lndir' shell script and invoke it via an automake 'hook'. This approach seems to work fine.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn