source code type detection

From: Nicolas Bock
Subject: source code type detection
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:35:10 -0700

Hello list,

I wrote a Makefile.am which includes a source file called b.C, which is
a C-source and not a C++-source. In configure.ac I have AC_PROG_CC. When
I run automake I get the error message:

Makefile.am: C++ source seen but `CXX' is undefined
Makefile.am:   The usual way to define `CXX' is to add `AC_PROG_CXX'
Makefile.am:   to `configure.ac' and run `autoconf' again.

So I guess automake interprets b.C to be C++. How can I tell automake
that it's really C?

Thanks, nick