Re: bug in mkdir -p detection

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: bug in mkdir -p detection
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 07:58:15 +0100

Marc,

I can probably be persuaded to check for fixed OpenBSD earlier (if we
have a version number that can guarantee a fix, the better).  But it
would really help if you showed some minimal cooperation by proving
to me that, as you claimed, the install-sh script (which scriptversion?)
contained a race that was apparent on OpenBSD.  In a way that's suitable
for a bug report.

Did I already mention that (at least with Automake 1.10 and Autoconf
2.60+) it should be possible to workaround using
  ./configure "MKDIR_P=/usr/bin/mkdir -p"

or "ac_cv_path_mkdir=/usr/bin/mkdir"?

Thanks,