Re: Modifying CFLAGS for 'make distcheck'

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Modifying CFLAGS for 'make distcheck'
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 12:34:31 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

If the Automake option `dist-lzma' is enabled, the `dist' rule (and thus
also the `distcheck' rule) will require successful lzma tarball
creation.  The rationale here is of course: if the package maintainer is
actually doing the distribution, then heck, it should fail if the needed
files aren't built.

Thanks for the clarification. To be 100% correct, each of the created dist files should be verified to see that its content passes the distcheck tests. Of course that would take a long time. Since the lzma tools are still very new, my level of confidence is not very high yet (not that I have found any cause for concern) but I assume that confidence will grow over time.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn