call custom automake target and bin files in build tree directory

From: db
Subject: call custom automake target and bin files in build tree directory
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 15:50:32 -0500

Hello,

I have folders priv, misc.  At the start they are empty.  I execute custom
make command like "make custom".  This will create files into priv, misc.

My folder structure:
root_app
->src
  ->Makefile.am
->bin
  ->Makefile.am
->priv
->misc
->Makefile.am

Question 1:
Now, I need these folders(priv and misc)/files(dynamically created files
ending in .script) to be included into some_path directory when "./configure
--prefix=some_path && make && make install" is issued. Also it would be nice
to have those folders and files when "make dist" is issued.  How to go about
doing this?

Question 2:
In my situation, I can only call "make custom" from folder root_app.  I need
a way to get "make custom" into root Makefile.am, so that when you do "make"
on build tree, you also execute target "custom".  Any suggestions?

Question 3:
I would like to also see bin files created in ./bin folder when
"../../configure --cache-file=/dev/null && make" is issued from
root_app/tmp/build.  As of now, I can only get bin files created when I run
"make install" to install the application.  How do you get bin files placed
into build tree directory with just "make"?

thanks.
--
rk