Re: ./configure --libdir ignored

From: Santiago Capel Torres
Subject: Re: ./configure --libdir ignored
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:03:27 +0100

Ralf Wildenhues escribió:
* Santiago Capel Torres wrote on Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 05:24:37PM CET:
It seems that all dir variables work fine in my Makefile, but libdir
seems to be hard coded, so when I issue

./configure --prefix=$HOME/tmp/local

or

./configure --libdir=$HOME/tmp/local/lib

the libdir is always set to /usr/lib

Weird.

I'm using autoconf 2.61 and automake 1.10.

IIRC we had such a bug in some unreleased CVS version of Libtool.
Which exact Libtool are you using?  If not that, then I think it
must be in some third-party macro you use.  This could hint:
  grep -C5 libdir= configure

I've found the origin of the problem. It was inside a local autoconf
macro (defined in aclocal.m4) which used a temporary variable named
precisely libdir. I though that that variable would be local, but it is
global indeed.

Changed the name and now it works fine.

Weird, is there any way of declaring local macro variables?

--santilin