Re: Shared without libtool

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Shared without libtool
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 19:34:18 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008, NightStrike wrote:
There is no special support, but there is no special impediment, either.

How would one go about doing it?  in a nutshell..

It used to be that O'Reilly Media had some really good nutshell books, including one on make, but this one seems to be all they offer now. The original nutshell 'make' manual seems to have been out of print for a long time now. I must apologize that the book does not say "nutshell" on the cover but it is part of O'Reilly's Nutshell Handbooks series. The book is surely applicable to the task.

   http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/make3/index.html

The out of print version is described at

   http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/make2/index.html

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn