packaging release and debug builds in the same RPM package

From: Olivier Langlois
Subject: packaging release and debug builds in the same RPM package
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 17:52:47 -0400

I have already found partly the answer in your archive at:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2001-03/msg00133.html

Now that I am able to build these 2 versions of my libs into separate
subdirectories, I would like to suffix the library names with 'd'.

For instance, in my Makefile.am file, I have:

lib_LIBRARIES = libstwstreaming.a

when I type: make debug

I would like this target to become libstwstreamingd.a

Suggestions on how to express this in automake files are welcome. Also note,
that I am willing to reconsider how I am planning to package release and debug
version of my libs if there are better ways to achieve the same goal.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Olivier Langlois
Programmeur C++
t. 1 866 448 4037 ext. 675
t. 1 514 448 4037 ext. 675