remove dependency on Makefile.am in Makefile.in

From: Kamaljit Singh
Subject: remove dependency on Makefile.am in Makefile.in
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 17:39:22 -0700 (PDT)

I was wondering if the following is plausible --
I use Makefile.am and run automake (autoreconf, really) to create the
Makefile.in's
When I distribute the project, I dont want to distribute configure.ac and
Makefile.am,
rather distribute only the generated configure and Makefile.in's.
Is this possible at all ?

kamaljit