directory names with blanks break automake builds

From: Peter Simons
Subject: directory names with blanks break automake builds
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 18:07:39 +0200

Hi,

I just ran across an interesting problem with automake 1.10. Just unpack
any other build into a directory called, say "/tmp/test automake", and
run it. In my particular case, the makefiles failed to call the local
copy of install-sh because of the blank. I checked my configure.ac
script and Makefile.am, but it does seem like there is anything I, as a
user, could do about that -- this really seems to be a problem in the
generated code. Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

Best regards,
Peter