Re: Iperf build break with emake.

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Iperf build break with emake.
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:30:38 +0200

Hello,

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 02:26:47PM -0700, Kamaljit Singh wrote:
> All I've been able to trace is that emake (probably) runs the configure script
> on one of its agents and that creates the conftest.make file but when
> configure
> invokes make (really emake) over this conftest.make file that gets hived off
> to another
> agent and that doesnt know anything about this file since this is not an
> explicitly
> stated generated file ... Checkout the macro expansion in configure.
>
> And no I havent been able to work around this problem so far.
>
> If you rerun emake after this error, it generally reruns correctly ...

I infer that emake is a distributed make implementation, which
interprets standard POSIX makefile language.

In that case, emake would be the "new one" in the game, and
consequently if a situation is encountered where its behaviour is not
equivalent to that of a standard POSIX make, then it should be
reported to emake developers first.

Hope this helps,
        Stepan Kasal