Create a custom target

From: Tavian Barnes
Subject: Create a custom target
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 23:28:30 -0600

Hi, guys.  I have a question: how do I create a custom target, and
selectively compile some code, and run the compiled executable, when
this target is chosen?  Specifically, I have a benchmarking suite for
a library I wrote, and I want to compile the code in the bench/
directory, and run the executable, when the user types 'make bench'.
I tried looking this up in the manual, but couldn't find it; sorry if
I missed something obvious.

--
Tavian Barnes