Re: Create a custom target

From: Tavian Barnes
Subject: Re: Create a custom target
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 11:45:23 -0600

Okay, but how do I then get automake to handle the compilation?  I
don't want to type in the compilation commands myself; that's what
automake is for.  If I add the benchmarking program to
noinst_PROGRAMS, it compiles when 'make' is run, rather than only when
'make bench' is run.  Also, when I wrote a custom target in
bench/Makefile.am, the root makefile didn't seem to notice, and
running make bench from the root of the project simply gave "make:
Nothing to be done for `bench'."

--
Tavian Barnes