Re: gnupload and ncftpput

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: gnupload and ncftpput
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 02:46:48 +0200

    Not sure whether ftp is universally available, though.

A lot more universally than ncftpput, I expect.

If you want me to prepare a patch, I'll try.  If you'd rather not bother
with it, I'll just write about putting the replacement script into
gnulib.  I don't have strong feelings about it either way.

    According to the Autoconf manual, some systems don't have a working
    basename.

Wow.  That was one original Unix utility which I thought could be
relied on.

    I guess we don't need to cater for those here, presumably very old systems.

I guess so too.

Thanks,