Re: include directory structure

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: include directory structure
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 17:14:11 +0200

Hello Monty,

* Monty Taylor wrote on Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 06:50:04AM CEST:
> I read through the docs and I think there may be no good way to do
> this... but I thought I'd ask.
[...]
> As far as I can tell, the only way to achieve that would be to place all
> of the headers in nobase_include_HEADERS in the root Makefile.am, or to
> try to jimmy with the value of ${includedir} in each subdir Makefile.am...

Well, first you say there may be no good way, then you can tell of only
one way, but finally you list two ways.  ;-)

> Am I right, or am I missing something...

You are right in that the two ways should work.  I may be missing the
reason for which you may not like them?

FWIW, you don't have to mangle includedir or pkgincludedir; you can
instead create derived names:

  fooincludedir = $(includedir)/drizzle
  fooinclude_HEADERS = ...
  barincludedir = ...
  barinclude_HEADERS = ...

and of course each of them can be used together with nodist_, nobase_
prefixes.  And you can define the derived dir names either
per-Makefile.am or globally as AC_SUBSTs in configure.ac.

Since your installed directory structure matches your source tree one,
using nobase_(pkg)?include_HEADERS from the top level seems like a good
idea.

Hope that helps.