Re: per-directory options

From: NightStrike
Subject: Re: per-directory options
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 02:49:20 -0400

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> * NightStrike wrote on Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 08:01:19PM CEST:
>> Does automake yet support doing something like this?:
>>
>> mylibdir_LIBRARIES=liba.a libb.b
>> mylibdir_CPPFLAGS=-m32
>>
>> mylibdir_liba_a_SOURCES=a.c
>> mylibdir_libb_a_SOURCES=b.c
>>
>> that is, allowing me to avoid the two lines:
>>
>> mylibdir_liba_a_CPPFLAGS=-m32
>> mylibdir_libb_a_CPPFLAGS=-m32
>
> No, I'm afraid.

I'm guessing that means it's not in anyone's queue, then, either.. :(

>> I know I ask about it a lot, and I remember seeing posts about it
>> awhile ago that looked promising regarding getting that feature.
>
> Hmm.  Were there patches?  I don't remember any.

I guess not.  What language is automake written in?  I could take a
stab at it, depending.  c++, as an example, is easier for me than
straight c.

> I assume using subdir Makefiles together with AM_CPPFLAGS is out of the
> question for you, right?

It's not entirely out of the question, but I probably wouldn't do it,
as the Makefile.am is already setup to handle a bunch of _CPPFLAGS
things.