Kdevelop + automake problems

From: Bryan Bennetts
Subject: Kdevelop + automake problems
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:16:21 +0100

Hi guys,

I've been redirected to you from the KDevelop forums, as they say I should be
asking you this question.

I've got a problem with a source distribution of an app I've written, when the
user runs ./configure it automatically kicks off automake cause aclocal.m4
isn't included in my distribution.  Obviously the end user having to run
automake isn't ideal as it appears to be tightly version controlled and if
they don't have the correct version...

So question #1 is should aclocal.m4 be in my distribution?

If I do include the aclocal.m4, the configure *still* kicks off automake
because of a subdirs file that is created by configure being newer than the
configure.in, which the Makefile.in is dependant on.

So question #2 is WTF?!

Thanks for any help you can provide - if there's more info you require please
let me know.  I can send  tarball of the app, just wasn't sure how well the
mailing list would handle it.

Cheers, Bryan.

Kdev. forum link :
http://www.kdevelop.org/phorum5/read.php?8,32113,32130#msg-32130