Re: Cross-compiling with automake

From: Thomas Epperson
Subject: Re: Cross-compiling with automake
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 07:50:16 -0500

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden>wrote:

> I don't think your issue has to do with automake at all; it rather looks
> like a GCC issue.  I can't tell if all you need is to use '-Wl,' or if
> there is some limitation in the gcc driver that you need to work around.
>
> Maybe --as-needed helps you (see the gnulib module lib-ignore for how to
> use it portably).
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

I could call g++ manually with the arguments it needed and it would work
which made me think it was not a gcc issue.
I did manage to get it working. I didn't change of the options for
kernel_bla. What I changed is I added libtool to my configuration so I could
compile some static and shared libraries. Once I did all of the stuff to get
that working, kernel "magically" started working. Weird.