Re: pkg-config, anyone?

From: Daniel Leidert
Subject: Re: pkg-config, anyone?
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 23:31:14 +0200

Am Freitag, den 10.10.2008, 22:21 +0200 schrieb Matěj Týč:
> Thank you for your reply, Dan
>
> > And where is the problem? E.g.
> >
> > Name: @PACKAGE@
> >
> This does not work. I need a name of the library that libtool produces
> in the end...

For what? The version numbers are not relevant here. Which field are you
trying to create? It is also possible to define variables in this file
and use them. Consider e.g. the GTK+ file:

[..]
target=x11
[..]
Libs: -L${libdir} -lgtk-${target}-2.0

Is this, what you want? It would probably help, if you give a short
example, what you expect.

[..]
> > BTW: Your question is not related to pkg-config. Maybe you want to consult
> > the
> > autotools lists.
> I actually did. This is the automake mailing list :-)

The price of having both lists :) I hope you don't mind.

Regards, Daniel