Re: Sample plugin project

From: John Calcote
Subject: Re: Sample plugin project
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:31:51 -0600

Santiago Capel Torres wrote:
> Hi I'd like to know of any sample or small c++ project for GNU/Linux
> which uses any kind of loadable plugins with the ld library. It should
> be complete in the sense of having all the autotools files and the c/c++
> code of both the main application and the plugins.
>

> Thanks a lot!
> -- santilin

Santiago,

This may be more than you need, but "Chapter 5: Building Shared
Libraries with Libtool" of my book, "Autotools: A Practitioner's Guide
to Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool" contains a reasonably complete
description of how to implement a build system for a loadable "plugin"
library service.

The complete on-line version of the book is available at Free Software
Magazine's book section:

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/books/autotools_a_guide_to_autoconf_automake_libtool

Regards,
John