Re: libtool link error

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: libtool link error
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 17:08:50 -0400

On Sat, 2008-10-18 at 09:47 -0700, rrlangly wrote:
> Well, yeah. I am using linux, and there is an openal package that I've
> already installed and like I've shown

Hi Richard; actually what Bob means is that most distributions these
days are separating a single project (especially one that contains
libraries) into two different packages: a "runtime" package (e.g.,
"openal") which contains the files needed for runtime, and a "developer"
package (e.g., "openal-dev" or something like that) which contains all
the extra files needed to develop with that package (like header files,
static libraries, pkg-config info, etc.)

So, he is suggesting you check the list of packages for your distro to
see if there are extra *-dev or similar packages for openal, and if so,
that you try installing them and see if it helps.

Cheers!

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us