Re: libtool link error

From: rrlangly
Subject: Re: libtool link error
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 14:31:37 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, but I guess what's confusing me is that, I shouldn't need any other
packages because this used to work for me before (though it's been awhile
since I updated, but did update). I'm writing this small piece of code that
links w/ just this package. I run gentoo so I 'emerge openal' in portage to
get this package. I'm not really doing any dev within the package itself,
just my own program to link w/ those libs. All the headers and all that I
need already exist on my machine.

Apologies if I'm missing something, but I'm just not understanding why
libtool is looking for an *.la and I want it to -lopenal with a *.so.