Re: AX_ADD_AM_MACRO creates circular dependencies

From: Allan Caffee
Subject: Re: AX_ADD_AM_MACRO creates circular dependencies
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 13:14:51 -0500

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Allan Caffee <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ideally the macro archive would provide a way to
> produce these rules in a way that they would be available for Automake to work
> its magic.  I'm working on a patch series that would allow macro developers
> provide an Automake include-able file which will be available before Automake
> is run. I'd be happy to CC this list if there is no objection.

I just wanted to follow up on this.  I decided not to post the
series to the list.  I sent it in the autoconf-archive maintainer a
couple of weeks ago.  (No response yet.)  The basic change involved
using m4_esyscmd to write to a file when autoconf runs.

If anyone wants to see the full set of changes please email me off list.
To everyone else, sorry for the noise.

~Allan