"required file `./ltmain.sh' not found" ?

From: Jules Colding
Subject: "required file `./ltmain.sh' not found" ?
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:27:25 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to fix a script which checks out a subversion repository and builds it. Unfortunately I get this:

autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing -- warnings=all
configure.ac:58: installing `./config.guess'
configure.ac:58: installing `./config.sub'
configure.ac:27: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac:58: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found
configure.ac:27: installing `./missing'
src/OCI/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

Consequently the build fails. That guilty part of the script looks like this:

export LORICA_BUILD_DIR="$(pwd)/lorica"
(
svn co svn+ssh://address@hidden/home/svn/lorica/trunk $LORICA_BUILD_DIR

cd $LORICA_BUILD_DIR && autoreconf --warnings=all --force -- verbose --install
    exit $?
)
wait

The 'autoreconf' command is really part of a bigger bootstrap script, but just using autoreconf directly gives exactly the same outcome. The strange thing is that if I go down into the svn checkout directory and executes the command there, then it works?

Any ideas??

Thanks,
  jules