automake less verbose branch

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: automake less verbose branch
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 16:16:33 +0100

Hello Jan, all,

I've worked a bit on the less verbose automake stuff, and put the result
up as a branch in the git repository:
  git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/automake.git
  git branch je-silent origin/je-silent-am

It would be *great* if you (or whoever wants to) could test it, play
around with it, use it on various packages, and ideally also on
different systems and make implementations if possible.  Every bit
helps.

I won't promise that this branch will never be rewound, but I sure
hope to be able to soon finish the other open topics, and then merge
them for an 1.11 alpha.

Detailed patch descriptions will follow on automake-patches, not sure if
today, though.  Please discuss/send patches on the -patches list.

Thanks,