Re: Bison and flex target

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Bison and flex target
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 23:55:15 +0200

Hello Philip,

please don't top-post, thank you.  Also, what do you think about moving
to the automake list, where this topic fits better?  Followup set.

* Philip Herron wrote on Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 03:20:00PM CEST:
> > Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> >> Try something like
> >
> >> bin_PROGRAMS = foo
> >> foo_SOURCES = foo.yy bar.l

> This works for me. But i have a problem it works only if i use 1
> yacc/lex. But when i move to add in multiple lexer's etc not too sure
> how to make this work..

Can you show what you have so far, and how it's failing?  Ideally
as a small example.

I see that there is currently no test in the Automake test suite
that uses the #define renaming.  We should change that and add a
full working test.  Contributions welcome.

> I see stuff on the gdb hack to redefine all the variables but not too
> sure how this is meant to work. I am not a total guru with bison and
> flex yet so sorry if this is basic :)

I am not a total guru with bison and flex either, so I'd appreciate
a working example here, too.  Also to ensure that Automake doesn't
regress here, or promise something in the manual that won't work anyway.

Thanks!