Re: suggestions about AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: suggestions about AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:00:25 -0400

On 4/22/09 12:13 PM, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
Braden McDaniel wrote:
On 4/21/09 1:35 PM, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
Hi

I started adding some m4 macros to my program, that I put in the m4
directory in my sources, and that will be installed during the make
install.

I then added

aclocaldir = $(datadir)/aclocal
aclocal_DATA = ax_boost_base.m4 ax_boost_regex.m4

Unless you're Boost, you shouldn't be installing these.

well, but my library needs boost regex library, so I was planning to
write an autoconf macro that not only searches for my library but also
for boost regex library...

If you really want to do that, you need to change the names of the files, the macros themselves, and any public shell variables in the macros so that you do not conflict with versions of these macros someone else might install.

But you really should just use pkg-config instead.

--
Braden McDaniel                      e-mail: <address@hidden>
<http://endoframe.com>               Jabber: <address@hidden>