Re: noinst_TEXINFOS

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: noinst_TEXINFOS
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 06:40:41 +0200

Hello,

* John Calcote wrote on Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 01:54:17AM CEST:
> On 4/29/2009 5:27 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>> Stefan Bienert<address@hidden>  writes:
>>> Could it be that a primary
>>>
>>> noinst_TEXINFOS
>>>
>>> does not work with automake 1.10.2?

Yes; neither with git master.

>> This seems likely.  I reported the same problem some time ago:
>>       http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.automake.bugs/4046
>> My report did not receive any replies.

Sorry.  I haven't forgotten the issue, although I forgot to reply.

> I believe this should work, there's no reason for it not to that I can
> think of,

It doesn't work, never did IIRC.

There are a few issues that could use a rework around TEXINFOS handling.
Maybe a good post-1.11 project, but nothing I have time to start before.
If anyone wants to work on it, I can list a few of the complications
involved.