Re: Linking problem when built in parallel

From: Adam Mercer
Subject: Re: Linking problem when built in parallel
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 08:17:18 -0500

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 00:48, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:

> I assume the Makefile.am you posted is in the lib subdirectory, right?

Yes it is.

> If yes, then change this
>
>> lal_version_LDADD = $(top_builddir)/lib/liblal.la
>
> to this:
>
>  lal_version_LDADD = liblal.la
>
> as 'make' is not smart enough to see that these paths are identical.

Thanks. That did the trick, it was originally like that because I
thought I needed to use the full path for supporting out of tree
builds, i.e. making a subdirectory and configuring with ../configure.
However it seems that this isn't the case and the parallel build now
works! Thanks for the help!

Cheers

Adam